Friday, December 4, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

If there’s anything bakers can agree with each other on, it’s this:
IT IS SO HARD TO FIND A GOOD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
Every now and then, we’ll come across a recipe that’s just fine and good enough that you stick with. But more times than any, we’ll meet the recipes with cookies that are way too chocolate-y, or just a tad bit heavy on the salty side, maybe you’ll the recipe that makes the bland cookies, or worse—the cookies turn out so hard and thin.
I’ve definitely had my fair share of those cookies, but I think I’ve found the recipe that I swear by. Straight from Pinch Of Yum’s blog that deems these “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.” That’s a pretty bold statement. But, I think I agree. Wanna know how I know? I brought them over to my dad’s house (the Air Force disciplined man whose notion of approval is nodding slowly, twice) and he actually uttered the words, “Oh those cookies? Yeah, they were good!”
You heard it first here, these chocolate chip cookies are “parent approved.”
Let’s jump right into it
The lineup
Most of my favorite cookie recipes have melted butter, as is the case with these cookies. Melt the butter and then cream the sugars
Then you’ll add the egg and vanilla. Next, you’ll mix in your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt)
Pinch of Yum blog described the newly mixed dough perfectly "right at the stage between 'wet' dough and 'dry' dough."If it looks a little more flaky than usual,  just a little more flour and then knead the dough with your hands
I added the chocolate chips and it started looking like your average cookie dough. Arrange them on a tray and bake them at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
Simple enough?
But, in fact, these are not your average chocolate chip cookies.
They’re better.
What did you think J ?


No comments:

Post a Comment